Welcome to the Dawson Library!
The Dawson Library supports all church ministries and individuals by providing biblically-based resources to encourage and enrich Christian life and service. You are invited to explore our extensive collection of books, DVDs, CDs, Bible references, study guides, and other media. All materials, even reference materials, are available for lending.
Whether your interest is in fiction, nonfiction, biography, culture, faith-based study, music, family entertainment, or countless other topics, you’ll be glad you visited the Dawson Library.
Located in Room 220, 2nd Floor, East Wing
- Sunday 8:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 5:15 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
The hallway Book Drop is available anytime the building is open. For information, please call our Church Librarian, Shirley Redding at (205) 871-7324 or e-mail email@example.com.
Birth through age 7
- Books are all reading levels from board books to chapter books and include fiction, nonfiction and biographies.
- Caldecott award and honor winners are labeled.
- Large selection of audiovisuals include videos, DVDs, and CDs
Ages 8 through age 12
- Books include fiction, nonfiction and biographies.
- Newberry award and honor books are labeled.
Teens & Young Adult Library
- The Dawson Library has a growing collection of fiction, nonfiction, and biographies for our teens and young adults.
- Nonfiction includes Christian living and how to deal with the many pressures and influences that affect young people today.
Books & Other Media
- Bible reference materials include commentaries, dictionaries and translations, and all may be checked out.
- Nonfiction includes Christian living, children, family and relationships, and a variety of other topics.
- Fiction and biographies include popular Christian writers and the latest releases.
- A Large Print selection is available.
- Audiovisuals include videos, DVDs, CDs, and CD ROMs, providing Bible studies, music and audio books, and family movies.
Library cards are issued at first visit. All items may be checked out for 2 weeks.
Items may be returned to the library desk when the Library is open or placed in the hallway book drop outside the Library door at any time.
Items may be renewed 3 ways:
- Visiting the Library. It is not necessary to bring the items with you.
- Calling the Church Office (205-871-7324) and leaving a message on the Library voicemail. Please include your name, the item title, and author.
- Sending an email to the Library at the address on the Library card (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include your name, the item title, and author.
Overdue donations of $.25 are assessed for each item which is overdue for 1-7 days and an additional $.25 for each additional week that the item is overdue. Maximum accrual for each item is $2.00. Funds are used for Library expenses.
The Library inventory of about 12,000 items includes books, movies, audio CDs, and Bible study programs for children, teens and adults. The Library also houses a Hispanic selection and resources for adult Sunday School teachers. The latest Christian literature for children and adults is added weekly.
Monetary Donations (Memorials & Honorariums): Gifts to the Library should include (1) Donor’s name and address, (2) Name of person being honored, and their relationship to a Dawson member if applicable, such as Mary Doe, wife of John Doe, (3) Name and address of family member of person being honored for notification of gift. Notices are sent to the donor and to the family of the person being honored.
Used Books: The Dawson Library is at shelf capacity, which means we must remove an older book for each new book that is added. For this reason, used books are not normally accepted. Exceptions include a recent edition, in like-new condition, appropriate for the church Library, and no copy already existing on the shelf.
INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS PLANNED …Read More
The Dawson Library website is for your convenience to browse the catalog, renew your books, reserve items, view your account and check-out history, and even create watch…Read More
No matching events on file.See All Events