December 2, 2018
Crooked Family Trees
This morning, Pastor David began a new series, “Christmas Portraits” with a message about Christ’s genealogy. Reread Matthew 1:1-17 as you consider these questions.
- What is your normal reaction/practice when you come across a list of “begats” in the Bible? Why do you think God included these passages in Scripture?
- Pastor David explained that Jesus Christ’s name was chosen specifically and that it indicated his purpose. What was that purpose?
- Who/what are you tempted to believe are “hopeless causes”?
- What does it mean that, as Pastor David says, “we are the lowly”? How will understanding that help you and/or your family “make Christmas last” beyond this season on the calendar?
In your time with God this week,
1. Thank God for not being “ashamed of the lowliness of human beings”.
2. Ask God to show you how to share the hope of salvation with those around you.
3. Commit to find someone that needs hope this season and do what it takes to give them the hope of Christ.