July 29, 2018
“Facing The Music
This week, Bill Johnston walked us through Daniel 3 and spoke about how we can stand strong in our faith, even when faced with physical harm. Reread Daniel 3 as you consider these questions.
- Describe your thoughts as you read this story.
- In verse 14, King Nebuchadnezzar, referring to the report that they have not bowed down, asks Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, “Is it true?” If someone asked you that same question, what would your answer be?
- In verse 18, Daniel states that “Even if” God didn’t rescue him, he would not bow down. Think about your own life. What situation(s) are you in where you need to be rescued? Can you say, with Daniel, EVEN IF GOD DOESN’T RESCUE ME, I will NOT bow down? Why or why not?
In your time with God this week,
- Thank Him for the gift of His Word to guide your thoughts and thinking.
- Ask God to show you where you have bowed to idols instead of standing strong in your faith.
- Commit to looking to God as your rescuer. Surrender your circumstances to Him. Then, stand strong in the knowledge that He is protecting you at every moment.