November 11, 2018
“The Secret of Contentment”
This morning, Pastor David shared from Paul’s thoughts and writing on the subject of contentment. Reread Philippians 4:10-13 before you consider these questions.
"I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer." -Jim Carrey
- Do you agree with Jim Carrey that being rich and famous and having all your dreams come true is not enough? Why or why not?
- What situations/circumstances effect your feelings of contentment (finances, relationships, job, health, etc.)?
- The Apostle Paul faced everything from discomfort to imprisonment to death threats. In the face of his most dire circumstances, where did he find true contentment?
- Describe a time in your life when you felt overwhelmed by circumstances. How did you cope during that time?
- In your daily experiences, are you more likely to live like you are “caught in the undertow of your circumstances” or “out of the overflow of Christ in you”? Explain.
In your time with God this week,
1. Thank God that He is stronger and more powerful than any circumstance you are or will ever face.
2. Ask God to help you experience authentic contentment IN HIM beginning right this moment.
3. Commit to live out of the overflow of Christ in you, NO MATTER WHAT!