October 14, 2018 | Genesis: Act II
The Danger of Lingering
As we continued in the Book of Genesis this week, Pastor David shared the story of God’s rescue of Lot from Sodom. Read Genesis 19 before considering these questions.
- What similarities and/or differences do you see in your community and Sodom?
- Think about a time when you have "lingered" or "longed" for something in your past God was calling you away from. With that in mind, describe the similarities and/or differences you see between yourself and Lot? Between yourself and Lot’s wife?
- Why is curiosity about sin dangerous?
- What have you been unable and/or unwilling to leave behind? Why?
In your time with God this week,
- Thank God for providing ways for us to escape the danger and “inherent pull of sin”.
- Pastor David mentioned a U2 song titled "Walk On". Read through the lyrics to that song and ask God to help you move forward in obedience to His call for you.
- Commit to identify and leave behind anything and everything that could keep you from experiencing God’s best for you. What is your next step in that journey?