October 7, 2018 | Genesis: Act II
Is Anything Too Hard For The Lord?
As we continued in the Book of Genesis this week, Pastor David explored God’s promise to give Abraham & Sarah a child.
- In your sphere of influence, how can you extend hospitality “for the sake of Christian witness”?
- Who can you invite into your home?
- Your life?
- What will have to change on your calendar for you to be available to host a neighbor?
- Describe a time and/or situation in your life where you faced something that seemed impossible. What was the outcome?
- What area(s) of your life feel “barren” and hopeless right now?
- Will you believe, in spite of your feelings, that nothing is impossible for God? What would that look like for you?
In your time with God this week,
- Thank God for being more powerful than anything you could ever face. Write down Genesis 18: 14 and put it somewhere you will see it every day to help you remember this truth.
- Ask God to show you people that need to experience His love through hospitality.
- Commit to read The Gospel Comes With A House Key by Rosaria Butterfield and be intentional about inviting people into your home to share a meal.