September 16, 2018 | Genesis: Act II
Portraits That Still Speak
As we continued in the Book of Genesis this week, Pastor David shared three people we find in this passage, the King of Sodom, Abram, and Melchizedek. Reread these verses as you consider these questions.
- Describe a time when you have been tempted to do whatever was necessary to maintain authority and/or accumulate more possessions.
- Have you ever had to say NO to an opportunity because it would have compromised your integrity? What did that decision cost you – money, status, relationships ?
- What are you tempted to consume when you are tired and hungry? Is that same thing true in your spiritual life? Why or why not?
- Of the three portraits Pastor David shared, which one speaks to you most? Explain.
In your time with God this week,
- Thank Him for being your provider and for all the ways He provides for you and your family.
- Ask God to give you a hunger and thirst for Him, more than for anything else that is not healthy for your spiritual life.
- Commit to resist anything that could compromise your integrity.