September 30, 2018 | Genesis: Act II
When Your Shortcut Leads To A Dead End
As we continued in the Book of Genesis this week, Pastor David shared Sarai’s “shortcut” for having a child. Read Chapter 16 as you consider these questions.
- Describe a situation from your life when you have “grown weary in the waiting”. How did you handle that situation?
- What can you learn from the shortcut that Sarai devised?
- When have you turned to the world instead of turning to the Lord? Explain what happened.
In your time with God this week,
- Thank God for His guidance and timing in your life.
- Ask God to give you patience in situations where you are “weary from waiting”.
- Commit to turn to the Lord FIRST in all situations as a way to avoid shortcuts that the world would offer to you.