This easy to prepare "gourmet" wrap is one of my all time favorite lunches. It hosts a luscious array of flavors, colors, textures, and nutritional pop that is sure to please your taste buds along with the rest of your body. And because it features six separate superstar foods, it is likely to improve your health by mid-afternoon.
- 2 cups red cabbage chopped into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Juice of ½ lime (or more if you like it)
- Hot sauce to taste (I use 2 dashes)
- 2-3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar or vinegar of choice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1, 15-ounce can rinsed cannellini or other white beans
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
4 100% whole wheat 6-8 inch tortillas
Combine the cabbage, bell pepper, fresh herbs, lime juice, hot sauce, and vinegar in a bowl. Mash the avocado and beans together in a separate bowl. Stir the cheese and onion into the avocado/bean mixture until thoroughly blended. Spread ¼ of the cheese/avocado/bean mixture onto the center portion of a tortilla and top with 2/3 cup of the cabbage mixture. Roll up the tortilla so the ends are folded in and secured. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Wrap the tortillas in foil for safe and easy transport.