Summer Squash and Corn Quinoa Pilaf
A fresh and super healthy take on two summer veggies.
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash or zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS chopped fresh thyme
- 1 small can corn, drained or 1-2 fresh cobs, kernels removed
- 3 TBS pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (cook as directed on quinoa package)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat the olive oil over medium high heat and sauté onion and squash until tender and browned, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Reduce heat if burning occurs. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, thyme, and corn. Cook for 4 more minutes then stir in quinoa, pine nuts, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.