Gymnastics is a wonderful way to encourage motor development, coordination, and physical fitness for children of all ages. The Recreation Ministry of Dawson Memorial Baptist Church has partnered with Christian Gymnastics and Cheerleading Academy to offer gymnastics classes for children ages two through sixth grade. All classes meet on Dawson's campus in the Ballet Studio of the Family Recreation Center. All classes are taught by Jennifer Lay, Leslie McDonald, and Kristina Fortney of Christian Gymnastics and Cheerleading Academy.
Available Class Days/Times
Preschool (2-5 yrs.)
- Wednesdays: 9:30 a.m.-10:15 a.m.
- Fridays: 9:30 a.m.-10:15 a.m. | 12:30 p.m.-1:15 p.m. | 1:15 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Grade School (Grades K-5)
- Fridays: 3:30 p.m.-4:15 p.m.
Girls: Leotards (no shoes or socks)
Boys: Shorts & T-shirt (no shoes or socks)
Please Note: Leotards should have no decorations or attached skirts. Any sleeve length is fine. Please, no camisoles or footed tights!
Tuition for the year-long gymnastics program at Dawson is divided into two semester payments, Fall and Spring.
- Fall Semester Tuition–$210: Fall Registration begins at the end of April (as the spring semester comes to a close) and ends in late August. Fall tuition is due at registration. An annual non-refundable registration fee of $25 is included. Classes begin in late August and run through mid-December.
- Spring Semester–$185: Spring tuition and registration fee must be paid-in-full by returning students by December 8. If payment-in-full is not made by this date, we will assume that your child will not be returning for the spring semester and your child's spot will be released to a prospect on the waiting list.
Registration & Payment
2018 Spring Semester:
January 3, 2018—April 27
(No class during Spring Break or on Good Friday)
Spring Semester is a continuation of a year-long gymnastics program. New students are welcome, in the event a student from the Fall semester opts out of the Spring semester, leaving a spot open.
In order for your child to retain their spot for the spring semester, payment-in-full must be made by Friday, December 8. If a payment-in-full is not made by that date, we will assume that your child will not be returning for the spring semester and your child's spot will be released to a prospect on the waiting list.
Click HERE to confirm your spot and pay online!
If you are a prospective participant, please call the gymnastics director prior to registering/paying online, to ensure there is a spot for you in the preferred class.
Click HERE to register and pay online!
Please contact Jenner Lay, Director of Gymnastics at (205) 527-5108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.