May 20-30, 2022
Musicians from Dawson will join with musicians from the USA and Germany to present gospel centered concerts in local parks and local churches as a part of the German observance of the 500th anniversary of the Luther Bible. Half a millennium ago God used Martin Luther’s translation to communicate the gospel in an accessible and intelligible way. Music was (next to the Bible) the second most treasured renewal that Luther brought to the church. A song for the believers that they can understand, sing, and believe with all their heart.
That is why we will partner with the Global Missions Project (GMP) in Frankfurt, Germany. Under the direction of composer Richard Kingsmore, the combined musicians of the Celebration Orchestra will play music as the attraction and primary means for proclamation of the gospel.
- Proclaim the message of the Bible in a way that people can and will receive
- Encourage church leaders to develop courageous and creative music programs
- Help the German church celebrate 500 years of Luther’s Bible translation
- Join with local musicians
- Perform in public places in Berlin
- Lead six churches in worship
- See the birthplace of J.S. Bach
- Visit Eisenach where Martin Luther lived and translated the New Testament
The cost is $2,500 (partial scholarships available) and includes air and ground transportation, accommodations, breakfast, insurance, project development, and entrance fees.
Team Leaders: Dan & Carrie Mullis
Information: For information about how you might serve on this project contact Dan Mullis at email@example.com