1. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
2. Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you
cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
4. Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
5. If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay
home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get
medical care or for other necessities. (Your fever should be gone
without the use of a fever-reducing medicine) Keep away from
others as much as possible to keep from making others sick.