April 24, 2022
Sermon Title: Hope for the Fearful Heart
Scripture: Psalm 27
- Don't Fear Because God Is Our Light
- Don't Fear Because God Is Our Salvation
- Don't Fear Because God Is Our Stronghold
- Fear is a thief and always has an agenda. What is your earliest memory of experiencing fear?
- Which of the three metaphors for God in Psalm 27 gives you the most comfort when you are afraid: the light that can never be extinguished; salvation that is always sure; or a stronghold that is always secure?
- Despite the reality of sin, Pastor David shared that the world is never as dark as it seems if Jesus’ light is in you. In what darkness have you experienced Jesus’ light? How can these experiences give you comfort and courage as you face current fears?
- Jesus is our stronghold; and in Him, we have a place of complete security. Describe how you are working to be your own stronghold from disease, difficulty, and death. How can Psalm 27 and Romans 8:37–39 speak to your heart and give you strength for the week ahead?
Learn about the Ukrainian Baptist Theological Seminary’s relief efforts at dawsonchurch.org/DisasterRelief.
The Dawson Lenten Devotional Guide is available at dawsonchurch.org/LentenGuide.
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717