April 26, 2020
Sermon Title: Hope In The Midst Of Suffering
Scripture: Mark 6:1–13
This week, Pastor David shared a message from the Gospel of Mark about where we find hope when we are suffering.
- While we do not get to choose the times we live in, we can choose what we do with the time we are given. What are you choosing in this season of your life?
- We know that God cares about us in these uncertain times because Scripture gives us a clear picture of how Jesus ministered to those who were suffering. How has Jesus ministered to you during these unprecedented days?
- Pastor David shared that Jesus’ healing ministry is a coming attraction of what we will experience in eternity. How does that give you hope in these uncertain times?
- How can you show compassion to those around you this week?
To learn more about knowing Christ as Savior and Lord, please visit dawsonchurch.org/becoming-a-christian.
1. Pray for our leaders as they make decisions & recommendations.
2. Pray for scientists and health care professionals as they work with those that are ill and as they seek ways to treat the virus.
3. Pray for the sick and vulnerable.
4. Pray for missionaries in areas of the world where the virus is widespread.
5. Pray for ways to help those in your area that are vulnerable.
“You will have found Christ when you are concerned with other people’s sufferings and not your own.” ~ Flannery O’Connor
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19