December 20, 2020
Sermon Title: Away In A Manger: Wise Men
Scripture: Matthew 2:1–12
This week, Pastor David concluded the Advent Sermon series, “Away In A Manger” by looking at the Wise Men who came to worship Jesus. This story reminds us that:
1. God meets us where we are.
2. God reveals Himself to us in ways we can understand.
1. Who were the wise men that traveled to see the infant Jesus? Why did God use the star to guide their travel?
2. How do the gifts the wise men bring – gold, frankincense, and myrrh – represent the identity and purpose of Jesus? Explain.
3. Think about your relationship with Jesus. What “star(s)” has God used to guide you to Him? How are you being a “star” to guide someone else to Him?
You are invited to “prepare Him room” by waiting in hope, peace, joy, and love with our 2020 Advent Devotional. Printed copies are available at the Church Office. To access a digital copy, please visit dawsonchurch.org/adventguide.
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. ~ Jude 24–25
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717