December 6, 2020
Sermon Title: Away In A Manger: Mary
Scripture: Luke 1:26–38
This week, Pastor David continued the Advent Sermon series, “Away In A Manger” by highlighting two characteristics about Mary, the mother of our Savior:
- The Unlikely Candidacy of Mary, Mother of Jesus
- The Impossible Pregnancy of Mary, Mother of Jesus
1. Instead of concentrating on what Mary did not know, Pastor David examined what she did know about the call of God on her life. In your life, are you concentrating on what you don’t know about your circumstances or following what you do know from Scripture? How can you change your perspective?
2. The calling of God on Mary’s life reminds us of how He works in the world. He is in the business of upending our expectations. What evidence of this truth have you experienced in your own life?
3. Pastor David shared that the virgin birth of Jesus is an uncontestable tenant of the Christian faith. If you cut out all the supernatural (miraculous) work of God, you cut out the heart of our faith. How are you tempted to explain away or not fully embrace God’s supernatural activity on behalf of humanity?
4. Mary exemplifies what it means to trust God and His word. In what part of your life have you been unwilling to take our promise-keeping God at His word?
You are invited to “prepare Him room” by waiting in hope, peace, joy, and love with our 2020 Advent Devotional. Printed copies are available at the Church Office. To access a digital copy, please visit dawsonchurch.org/adventguide.
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set for the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. ~ 1 Timothy 4:12
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. ~ Jude 24–25
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717