AfterThoughts: June 21, 2020
Sermon Title: Faith Like A Child
Scripture: Mark 10:13–16
In this week’s sermon from Mark, Pastor David invited us to see:
1. The Compassionate Heart Of Jesus
2. The Dependent Faith Of A Child
- Jesus’ indignation in this passage is an example of His countercultural ministry. When have you seen and/or experienced Jesus at work with the overlooked and disadvantaged?
- How do you define child-like faith? Describe what "going to God empty-handed" looks like in your life.
- In what ways have you learned that your inadequacy is an invitation to bow before God and lean on Him?
- Pastor David described our Heavenly Father this way: there is nothing He can’t do; there is nothing He doesn’t know; He has never lost a battle; and He will never let you down. How do these truths give you hope as you enter this week?
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717