June 28, 2020
Sermon Title: The Rich Young Ruler
Scripture: Mark 10:17–31
This week, Pastor David shared how Jesus instructs us to check our hearts and see where our true security is found.
- The love of God gives us freedom.
- Keeping God as the center of our existence prevents us from the fear of losing worldly possessions.
- What is in your “hurricane container?” What are the things you can’t live without?
- You can have it all by our culture’s standards and truly have nothing of ultimate value. How have you found this to be true in your own life?
- How are the “gods” of possessions, position, power, passions, or a person calling you away from allowing God alone to be the center of your life?
- Ask yourself these three questions to help see where you might be developing unhealthy allegiances or attachments:
- What or who do you worry the most about?
- Where do you find jealousy and envy arising most often in your life?
- Where do you feel most often wronged and over-looked?
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717