May 28, 2023
The Controlling Love Of Christ
This week, Dr. Scott Guffin, Assistant Professor and Executive Director of Christian Ministry at Samford University, shared a message about how Christians are to be controlled. He reminded us that Christ's love controls us by:
- Giving us a radically new regard for others.
- Reminding us of our radical break with our past.
- Calling us to radical ministry with a radical message.
- Think about the things that control you. Do those things compliment or contradict the primary confession of the Christian faith that Jesus is Lord? Explain.
- Dr. Guffin said that Christians need to be reminded of the day they said yes to Jesus. How are you encouraged by the reminder of your acceptance of Jesus as your Savior and Lord?
- When we are controlled by Christ's love, we are called to be "ambassadors" of the ministry of reconciliation. What does that look like in your life? How do you point others toward Jesus?
- In order to reach the goal of reconciliation, we are to become "unfailingly relational, unflichingly biblical and unapologetically vocal." What steps will you take this week to do that?
The Triumph Of Christianity by Rodney Stark
Fool's Talk: Recovering The Art Of Christian Persuasion by Os Guiness
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717