The First Year at a glance-
- 18 volunteers served in Birmingham Reads.
- 2 certified Reading Instructors were provided for Washington School.
- Discovery Bible Club started and expanded to 4 grades.
- 22 weekly reading volunteers helped 44 elementary students.
- 66 Dawson volunteers have served at Washington school in Titusville.
- 9 mission teams are set to serve in Maine in 2016.
- 4 summer interns served in Maine for 8 weeks.
- 15 volunteers led a Sunday School training conference.
- 54 Dawson mission volunteers served in Saco, Maine.
- Renovations of the local clinic have been completed.
- 4 Dawson volunteers conducted a medical outreach clinic that served over 1,200 people who had very little access to medical care.
- 71 nationals were led to faith in Christ as a result of the clinic.
- 6 discipleship retreats have been conducted for Muslim background believers.
- There are only 475 known Christians among the people group of 1 million.
- The ESL Center has been leased and renovated.
- Construction drawings for a multipurpose building at a Christian school are in hand.
- 641 books have been donated to the ESL Center and elementary school.
- 50% of the funds needed for the new pediatric wing at Kigoma Baptist Hospital have been distributed.
- 15,300 handmade bricks are stacked and ready for the footing to be poured for the pediatric wing.