Our mission partner in Birmingham, Greater St. John Baptist Church and Dr. Nathaniel Brooks, is seeking to develop an ongoing food pantry ministry that will continually address the lack of food in their community (Powderly). Their community is located in a food desert, which means there are limited sources of food available even in normal times. Once a month their church strives to provide 100 boxes of food to those in need around their church. As a part of our partnership Dawson will conduct a food drive to help them stock their church food pantry. We are asking our families, ministry groups, Life Groups and individual members to take part in this effort to serve.
Thank you for your willingness to consider serving our neighbors during these stressful days. If you have questions, please contact Ben Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the details:
- Drive by and drop off the items into the Dawson church van in the North parking lot. It will be unlocked.
- Start – You can begin dropping off items on Monday, April 20.
- End – The final day of the food drive is Saturday, May 9.
Food Pantry Items Needed:
Canned Vegetables (Mixed Veggies or Green Beans)
Canned Yellow Corn
Canned Fruit or Fruit Cups (Mixed Fruit, Peaches, Applesauce)
Canned Soup (Chicken Noodle or Chicken in Rice)
Canned Tuna Fish
Boxed Macaroni & Cheese
Boxed Hamburger Helper
Rice (White or Flavored)
Baked Beans or Pork & Beans
Mini Boxes of Breakfast Cereal
Instant Grits or Instant Oatmeal
Assorted Bags of Chips or packs of cookies (for children bags)
(Additional) for Pantry Kitchen Area
- Kids Connection is closed and will aim to reopen on April 30.
- The Learning Center is closed and plans to reopen on Tuesday, April 14.
- English as a Second Language classes will not meet this semester until further notice.