Dawson Summer Camps and Activities for Students and Children
Summer has always been an important time of ministry, discipleship, and missions at Dawson. As we continue to experience and evaluate the impact of COVID-19 both here and around the world, our current plan is as follows:
- In light of health precautions and future projections, all in-person summer activities through Dawson are suspended through July 31. These activities include (but are not limited to): KidLife, CentriKid, all Recreation Ministry camps, Student Ministry Breakaway, Dawson Day School Camp, DMA Music Camp, Chapel Choir Mission Tour, Hispanic VBS, and summer mission trips.
- We are exploring alternate options that may be available for many of these activities, and individual ministry areas will communicate these options. This information will be available at dawsonchurch.org/summer on Monday, May 4.
- Should health and fiscal realities change for the positive, we will communicate further regarding rescheduled or altered activities.
- We remain committed to learning, understanding, and complying with all guidance and regulations provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Jefferson County Health Department, and the International Mission Board.
- We will use this season to increase our health and safety protocols. We will work with experts and leaders from other churches (best practices) to ensure proper precautions are taken on every front possible.
- Deposits or payments previously made may be eligible for refund or credit less funds already spent or committed. Participants may also choose to offer their deposit or payment as a donation to the church. Individual ministry areas will communicate to participants with these details.
While we remain hopeful about the future, we will never compromise the health and safety of our members or guests for any reason. This is true for our on-campus activities, as well as any Dawson-sponsored activities that include travel. We ask that you please join us as we continue to pray for wisdom, discernment, and patience during this unique and unprecedented season.