Prior to committing to a discipleship group, please consider the following:
- Pray about joining a small group. Examine your heart and ask God to examine your heart; ask God to give you wisdom and discernment; pray for courage to respond in obedience to His Will.
- Seriously consider the time commitment. When will you read and meditate on the Word daily? Are you willing to commit to gathering with a small group for about an hour weekly for a year?
Be willing to share your life with others.
- Share your faith story with your small group.
- Invite your group to pray for witnessing opportunities in your life.
- Share your “highs and lows” each week.
- Read one of your journal entries from the week.
Here are 3 simple steps to get started:
- Please take a few minutes to complete the Discipleship Participant Form.
- Reference online and downloadable resources on our Women’s Ministry Studies page and contact our Women’s Ministry staff, Kristen Torres or Lainee Stidham, if you have any questions.
- Let us know if you would like to be contacted by a current Dawson Discipleship leader to pray for and encourage you along the way.
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, it encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24–25