November 18, 2018
“What Are You Bringing To Thanksgiving?”
This morning, Pastor David shared from Paul’s letter to the Corinthians about The Lord’s Supper. Reread 1 Corinthians 11:17-26 before you consider these questions.
- How are you, as a Christ follower, different from the culture around you? In what area(s) do you need to be more like Christ and less like the world?
- What are you thankful for?
- Describe what it looks like for you to “give thanks”. How do you practice gratitude – personally? With your family? In your daily life?
- Have you ever trusted Christ and His finished work on the Christ? If so, thank God for His gift to you. If not, ask God to show you how to understand His gift and surrender to Him.
In your time with God this week,
1. Thank God for His gift of salvation for you and the remembrance of that sacrifice through the Lord’s Supper.
2. Ask God to help you develop the discipline of gratitude.
3. Commit to share your gratitude, in your family, your work and throughout your sphere of influence.