James: Where Real Faith Meets Real Life
"Faith That Goes To Work"
Pastor David shared some challenging words from James 2:14-26 this week. Read those verses again as you consider these questions.
- Reflect on the time in your life when you PROFESSED your faith in Christ. Thank God for the gift of salvation!
- In verse 14, James asks, "What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?" What does this verse say to you about how your faith is lived out daily?
- Do you have the "fruit" of the Spirit that is present in those with authentic faith? How do you know? How has it “grown up” through the years?
- Pastor David said “Some PROFESS their faith, but for it to be real it has to be POSSESSED. How has your faith POSSESSED you (i.e. what evidence of true transformation is visible in your life)?
In the Barna poll that Pastor David referenced during the message, there was NO STATISTICAL DIFFERENCE in certain behaviors of Christians vs. Non-Christians. This week, challenge yourself to examine that finding in your own life
- Are there areas of your life where your behavior is significantly different than non-Christians? If so, what are they?
- If not, what in your life needs to change? Who can help you stay accountable to this area in your life? Ask Him to show you what to do next.
If you have NEVER come to that time in your life where you have professed your faith in Christ, please visit the Dawson website to learn more.