During the summer months, fresh boiled shrimp are a “Friday night favorite” for my family and this salad is a wonderful way to use any left over shrimp for a delectable Saturday lunch.
- About 2 cups of fresh/frozen shrimp, boiled and peeled ( I much prefer fresh!)
- 3 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh chopped dill
- ½ very ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp of canola or olive oil mayonnaise
- tbsp of white balsamic vinegar (more to taste)
- 2 tsp of horseradish sauce (I prefer Boar’s Head brand)
Combine the salad ingredients in a large wooden salad bowl. Blend the dressing ingredients together with a fork until mostly smooth. Pour dressing over shrimp/veggie mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Feel free to add any chopped fresh veggies you like. Bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, purple onion, and corn work nicely too.
- I love the combo of garlic and dill with the shrimp, but try any fresh herbs or spices you want.
- If you don’t have any white balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon or lime juice are a delicious substitute.