December 3, 2023
The Life Of David: David and Bathsheba
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series on The Life Of David with a look at David and Bathsheba. We were reminded:
- The Consequences Of Sin Are Always Unmanageable and Un-concealable
- A Big Fall Is Most Often Preceeded by Small Steps
- This sad story begins with David staying home instead of going into battle with his men. He was bored, and we know that idle hands are the devil’s playground. How have you found this to be true in your life?
- Pastor David shared that the consequences of sin are always unmanageable and unconcealable. Sin always spreads. When have you tried to conceal your sin and control its consequences?
- Big falls are most often preceded by small steps toward sin. What small steps have you found yourself taking toward a potential fall? What practical steps will you take this week to confess and turn from your sin?
- How is this a "hopeful" story?
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717