“These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.” — Deuteronomy 6:6-9
It is our desire at Dawson to partner with parents and grandparents to teach children about God’s love, Word, world and Son, Jesus. We encourage you to seek ways to foster spiritual growth in your family life. Check this page often for updated information on Dawson programs offered for parents, parenting tips and recommended reading.
- 60 Promises to Pray over Your Children by Roy Lessin
- Boundaries with Kids: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Children by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- The Faith of a Child: A Step-by-Step Guide to Salvation for your Child by Art Murphy
- Faith Begins at Home: The Family Makeover with Christ at the Center by Mark Holmen
- Parenting with Scripture: A Topical Guide for Teachable Moments by Kara Durbin
- 4 Parenting Styles to Avoid by Dr. Tim Elmore
- 5 Myths of Parenting by Leslie Leyland Fields
- Church Talk: Avoiding the Abstract Words at Easter by R. Scott Wiley
- Discipline Basics: An Age-by-Age Guideby Marianne Neifert, M.D., M.T.S.