May 21, 2023
Finding Your Way In The Unfamiliar
This week, Pastor David shared a message from 1 Samuel as we celebrated our graduating seniors. He reminded us that the road most traveled is not always the road to travel by and shared 3 ways to avoid traveling down dead end roads.
- Stay rooted in God's Word.
- Stay connected to God's family.
- Stand assured of God's presence.
- The Israelites asked God to give them a king because other nations had kings. Why was their insistence to have their own way detrimental to them?
- Just like in the lives of the Israelites, sin only takes withdrawals without making deposits. How have you found this lesson from 1 Samuel 8 to be true in your own life?
- Following God’s will/way always leads to freedom, yet disobedience pulls us back into bondage. When have you followed the road that only led to bondage? What lessons did you learn during that season?
- Pastor David shared three principles to help us follow the road that leads to God’s flourishing, which of these things do you need to renew a commitment to this week? How will you do that?
The Road Less Traveled by Robert Frost
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717