July 5, 2020
Sermon Title: Seeing Is Believing
Scripture: Mark 10:46-52
This week, Pastor David challenged us to "drop our cloak" and follow Jesus while reminding us that:
- Salvation Is Available To Anyone Who Calls On The Name Of The Lord
- Our Salvation In Christ Transforms Our Allegiances On Earth
- Why is the cry of Bartimaeus an important connection to the promises of the Old Testament?
- In what ways does Bartimaeus have a deeper spiritual insight than even Jesus’ disciples (Mark 10:37–38)?
- Every day, we have to choose to bend our knee before the cross and lay down our cloaks. What “cloak” of this world do you need to throw down? What steps will you take to make sure you don’t pick it back up as you rely on Jesus?
To learn more about becoming a Christian, please visit www.dawsonchurch.org/becoming-a-christian.
"...because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." ~ Romans 10:9
For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. ~ Romans 10:13
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold the new has come. ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17
Testimony from Christianity Today Magazine by Zaine Al-Qays
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. ~ Jude 24–25
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717