We nurture friendships through a variety of musical ensembles that carry the hope of the Gospel to the church and to the world.
Through music, we are able to be more like our Creator by creating something beautiful. We become unified as a body when we play in unity. Meeting together weekly, this talented ensemble both supports the congregation's voice and crafts special moments of instrumental praise to God. Through the foundational and thoughtful hymns of our faith, the timeless message of Christ is proclaimed with excellence and reverence each time we gather for worship.
In recognition that your main focus in this part of your life is working towards attaining your degree, we are pleased to award this scholarship to you as a support to you in that process. In acceptance of this scholarship, we make a covenant agreement with you where you commit to participate as an active member of the Dawson Music & Worship Ministries and we commit to support, pray and provide resources to you in your studies.
- One-on-one meeting time with the Associate Music & Worship Minister and the Minister to College Students.
- Be present at Weekly Rehearsals (Wednesday evenings, 6:00-7:30 p.m.) as well as seasonal rehearsals. Any possible absence should be communicated at least 1 week in advance.
- Active in Sunday Worship Services (9:40 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.; 8:25 a.m. on occasion).
- Participate in Seasonal Programs/Concerts (Christmas, Easter, Orchestra Concerts).
- Write a Reflection Note at the end of the semester on how this semester has impacted you.
- Prayer support from a local church that believes in you and your educational pursuit.
- Ministry resources and opportunities to enhance your spiritual growth and learning experiences through the Dawson College Ministry.
- Financial Scholarship per semester. Graduate Aid is available as well.
- Free Wednesday night dinner in our Fellowship Hall (starts serving at 4:45 p.m.; must present ticket).
- Free Recital Support (use of Chapel, classroom rehearsal/study space off-campus with free WiFi).
- Free Access to the Dawson Family Recreation Center (must complete a separate registration form)
This scholarship is designed as a covenant between you, the musician, and us, the local church. We want to support you as a college student both financially and spiritually.
- Fill out Scholarship Request Form.
- Submit Audition Video (demonstrating knowledge of scales and 2 solo pieces).
- Submit a Statement of your faith journey.