April 30, 2023
Forgiveness: How Do I Forgive?
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series on Forgiveness with some examples of how to approach forgiving someone. He reminded us to:
- Start With Your Heart In Prayer
- Relinquish The Desire To Get Even
- Pursue Honest Conversations
- Live In The Present, Not Bound To The Past
- Just like the “stuffed drawers” we have in our homes, most of us have a “drawer” in our soul where we have bitterness, grudges, misunderstandings, frustrations, and unforgiveness that needs to be opened and sorted through. What bitterness, grudges and/or unforgiveness do you find in your life that needs to be addressed?
- Of the four principles above, which are the most difficult for you and why? hich one of those will you pursue this week?
- Pastor David shared that we will never be able to forgive a person who we are not willing to pray for consistently. Who is the person you to need to pray for so, in time, you can forgive them?
- Does knowing that you can forgive someone without trusting them encourage you or give you hope? Explain.
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717