AfterThoughts: April 4, 2021
April 4, 2021
Sermon Title: Then Came The Morning
Scripture: John 20:1–18
As we celebrate Jesus’ resurrection, Pastor David shared a message from the Gospel of John. He shared powerful principles from this passage:
1. Easter Means That There Is Hope In The Face Of Our Failures
2. Easter Means There Is Hope In The Face Of Our Finality
1. How does the Christian message of hope differ from the message shared by Steve Jobs?
2. Pastor David shared that, like Peter, the shoes of human failure fit us all. What failure(s) are you holding?
3. Easter Sunday is God’s full-page ad in human history penned through the blood of Jesus saying all is forgiven, come home to me. What hope does the empty tomb give you?
4. As Mary stood at the empty tomb, what she thought was the end was actually the beginning. Explain the significance of her hearing Jesus call her name.
5. Pastor David asked us to examine where we place our hope. Is your hope in your own passions and pursuits, or is it in the security of resting in His passionate pursuit of you? Do you see and do you believe?
To learn more about the hope of Easter, please visit
“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it…Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice, heart and intuition.”
Steve Jobs, Apple Co-Founder
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717