April 5, 2020
Sermon Title: When The Applause Ends
Scripture: Mark 11:1–10
This week, Pastor David shared a message from the Gospel of Mark about Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem, the “opening ceremonies of Holy Week.” He highlighted the Character of King Jesus and the Calling of King Jesus from those verses.
- How was Jesus’ entrance into Jerusalem, although celebratory, different from what other triumphal parades might have looked like during that time? What did those differences indicate about who Jesus was?
- Pastor David shared that the word gentle, in this context, meant “bridled strength” as in a horse that has been tamed or a believer that is “bridled” by the Holy Spirit. In what area(s) do you struggle with being gentle? Describe.
- The people that celebrated Christ’s entrance into Jerusalem didn’t see that His kingdom was not going to be an earthly one. What is your response to the truth that His triumphal entry was, in fact, His own funeral march? Have you accepted His sacrifice in your place? If not, what is keeping you from doing so?
To learn more about knowing Christ as Savior and Lord, please visit dawsonchurch.org/becoming-a-christian.
HOLY WEEK ACTIVITIES
- This Holy Week, let’s point people to Jesus by making crosses and hanging them in our windows. It doesn’t have to be perfect or fancy, simply create a cross and hang it in your windows for your neighbors to see.
- Post photos of you and your family as you prepare to celebrate Easter on social media. Then, tag the Dawson social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram) so we can celebrate together.
PRAYER PROMPTS DURING THESE UNUSUAL DAYS
1. Pray for our leaders as they make decisions and recommendations.
2. Pray for scientists and health care professionals as they work with those that are ill and as they seek ways to treat the virus.
3. Pray for the sick and vulnerable.
4. Pray for missionaries in areas of the world where the virus is already very widespread.
5. Pray for ways to help those in your area that are vulnerable.
To view the Lenten Devotional Guide online, please visit dawsonchurch.org/LentenDevo.
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
COVID-19 Information: dawsonchurch.org/COVID19