April 9, 2023
What If The Stone Didn’t Roll Away?
This week, Pastor David reminded us of the significance of the stone being rolled away from the tomb where Jesus was buried. He shared:
- If The Stone Didn’t Roll Away: There Would Be No Forgiveness in the Face of Sin.
- If The Stone Didn’t Roll Away: There Would Be No Hope in the Face of Death
- One of the central questions of Easter is: What if the stone had not been rolled away? How do you answer this question?
- While “sin” is a word that is beginning to be extinct in some circles, the brokenness that our sin produces in our lives affects us all. In what areas of your life are you acutely aware of your sinfulness? How can you make more time this week for confession and repentance before our holy God?
- Our enemy has a long list of our sins. Yet, because of Jesus’ sacrifice on our behalf, our omniscient God does not hold our sins against us (Hebrews 8:12). He remembers our sins no more. How does this truth encourage you as you continue to walk deeper with the Lord each day?
- The hope of Easter is in the words of John 11:25: “Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live.” As believers and followers of Jesus, death is not our final story. Pastor David shared that death actually escorts us into the presence of our Savior, Jesus, who is waiting for us. How can you rejoice in this truth during the coming week? With whom do you need to share this truth?
“The Taking Of Christ” by Caravaggio
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717