AfterThoughts: April 28, 2019
April 28, 2019
How Not To Pray
This week, Pastor David returned to the Sermon On The Mount series by focusing on Jesus’ example of prayer and how we follow that example.
- Think about your own foundations of prayer. What needs to be demolished before new practices can be built?
- What is the greatest obstacle you face in your personal prayer life? Are you willing to commit to ask the Lord to remove that obstacle DAILY until it’s gone?
- Where do you regularly go to pray? When do you consistently pray?
- How do you prioritize prayer in your life? If you don’t, what is keeping you from doing so?
In your time with God this week:
1. Thank God for Jesus’ example of prayer.
2. Ask God to give you a desire to spend time with him, alone in prayer.
3. Commit to make prayer a priority in your life.
"And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place and there he prayed." -Mark 1:35
“And after he had taken leave of them, he went up on the mountain to pray.” -Mark 6:46
“And after he dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone,…” -Matthew 14:23
“In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God.” -Luke 6:12