April, 7, 2019
“The Renovation Of Your Heart”
This week, Pastor David continued the “Sermon On The Mount” series. Re-read those verses as you consider these questions.
- Christ’s “target” for renovation is our entire lives. What area(s) of your life do you try to keep from being renovated?
- How are your ”tendencies” different from what Christ seeks to enable you to do through Him?
- Pastor David shared the “idol of convenience is one of the greatest obstacles to following Christ”. How are you more concerned with your convenience than with doing what God asks of you? What is one thing you can do to surrender your desire for convenience?
- Does the idea of opening EVERYTHING in your life to Christ make you feel burdened? Or blessed? Why?
In your time with God this week,
1. Thank God for that He has seen everything about You and He loves you anyway.
2. Ask God to help you dismantle the idol of convenience in your life.
3. Commit to re-examine the true cost of following Christ.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.” Matthew 5:38-42
“If anyone injures his neighbor, as he has done it shall be done to him, fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; whatever injury he has given a person shall be given to him. “ Leviticus 24:19-20