August 16, 2020
Sermon Title: The End Of The World As We Know It
Scripture: Mark 13
This week, Pastor David shared three things from the Gospel of Mark about Jesus’ return.
1. We Don’t Know When Jesus Is Coming Back
2. We Do Know That Jesus Is Coming Back
3. We Do Know What To Do Until He Comes Back
- Describe your reaction to learning that Jesus, Himself, does not know when He will be coming back.
- How do you react to the fact that the date of Jesus’ return is a “need to know question that we don’t need to know”?
- How does the certainty of Jesus’ return encourage you?
- What is one thing you can do this week to “be on guard” and “keep awake” (verse 33) while waiting for Jesus’ return?
So when they had come together, they asked Him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by His own authority.”
~ Acts 1:6–7
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
~ Jude 24–25
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717