August 21, 2022
To Be Found Faithful As God's People
Prayer Is Our Priority
This week, Pastor David continued the series entitled “To Be Found Faithful As God’s People.” Today, we looked at Dawson’s second Theological Vision Statement: Prayer Is Our Priority.
- The Priority Of A Praying Church
- The Characteristics Of A Praying Church: Dependency and Consistency
- Prayer is the deepest cry of the human heart. Describe your personal prayer practice. What is most challenging about your practice? What is most rewarding?
- While we pray privately and individually, Pastor David pointed out that Jesus’ model prayer is a communal prayer—not “me/I” but “we/us.” How do you experience the priority of prayer as you participate in Dawson groups and/or activities? Explain.
- Prayerlessness is always a sign of our pride and arrogance. How are you rationalizing/softening your prayerlessness? In what areas of your life are you saying “let me do it” in my own strength to God?
- If prayer is not a priority in your life now, what is one thing you can do this week to grow your faithfulness in prayer?
"We gather in an assembly ... and, as if we had formed a military unit, we force our way up to God by prayer. This power is pleasing to God." ~ Tertullian
"...the empty hand of the soul which looks for all from God." ~ Thomas Manton
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717