August 4, 2019
Today, Pastor David walked us through Psalm 8 and helped us answer the question, Who Am I? Re-read those verses as you consider these questions.
- In the past, how have you answered the question, “Who am I”? Describe that time.
- Think about something you have created. How did you approach the intricate, detailed aspects of that creation?
- Psalm 8 describes God’s creation as “the work of his fingers.”How does that make you feel about yourself, and what does that help you know about your own identity?
- How does this description of God’s work influence the way you approach and interact with the people you meet? The people you work with? The people you live with?
- What does it mean to be created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27)? How do you reflect that image in your daily life? What is one area of your life where you need to reflect God’s image more closely? This week, ask Him to help you do that.
To watch today’s message, visit www.dawsonchurch.org/Psalms.
O Lord our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
Psalm 8 (ESV)
"The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil and no good, nothing but blind pitiless indifference." -Richard Dawkins, River Out Of Eden
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. - 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." - Genesis 1:27