August 6, 2023
This week, Pastor David concluded the series from 1 John with a look at prayer. He reminded us:
- When You Pray, Be Confident (vv. 14–15)
- When You Pray, Seek His Will (v. 14)
1. Pastor David shared about the first time he pondered the mystery of prayer: reconciling God’s sovereign plan with our responsibility to ask and to seek Him. Have you ever wrestled through what happens when you pray? What do you think of the mystery of prayer in this season of your life?
2. Both 1 John 5:14–15 and Hebrews 4:15–16 teach us to pray with confidence because God always hears us. Our confidence rests in our great High Priest who knows what it is like to walk on the earth. What changes do you make in order to approach God boldly in prayer?
3. Pastor David encouraged us to seek God’s will when we pray. This passage does not teach us that God is our personal genie in a bottle. When we pray, God’s will overrides our perspectives and opinions. How are your prayers mostly about your wants and desires? Are you willing to pray for God’s will and not your own?
4. Our greatest problem this week will not be unanswered prayers but unoffered prayers. How do you need to change your schedule so you can create space this week to boldly offer your prayers to God?
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~ 2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717