December 12, 2021
Sermon Title: Everlasting Father
Scripture: Isaiah 9:1–7
This week, Pastor David continued the Advent Sermon Series, “And He Will Be Called” from Isaiah. We looked at:
- The Everlasting Nature Of The Son Of God
- The Adopting Love Of Our Everlasting Father
- While language to describe it fails us, Pastor David shared the beauty and mystery of the Trinity is that all that is the Father’s is the Son’s as well. How are you encouraged by this truth?
- Humans experience life in timebound ways. God, in contrast, is everlasting and eternal. What does God’s eternal nature mean for the things that you struggle with on earth? How does Jesus’ victory over death give you hope for persevering in those struggles?
- In John 1, the gospel writer tells us that the living Word of God, Jesus, was active in creation. Jesus was present with the Father from eternity past. Pastor David shared that whatever we face in our lives, Jesus is before it, He stands over it, and He will outlast it. How does this truth give you courage for the coming week? What person in your life needs to hear this truth?
- In John 14:6, Jesus shared that He is the only way to access His Father. How does proximity and access to the Father change the way you go about your daily activities? Explain.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717