December 13, 2020
Sermon Title: Away In A Manger: Shepherds
Scripture: Luke 2:8–20
This week, Pastor David continued the Advent Sermon series, “Away In A Manger” by looking at the Shepherds and their role:
- The Announcement Of Jesus’ Birth
- The Audience To Jesus’ Birth
- The Adoration Of Jesus’ Birth
1. Which three titles for Jesus are part of the angels announcement of His birth? What do those titles tell us about Jesus’ purpose and authority?
2. God chose shepherds, who were considered to be unclean, religious outcasts, and even thieves, to receive the first news of Jesus’ birth. What does that choice say about God’s gift of His Son? How does that choice encourage you?
3. Pastor David shared, in verse 16, that the shepherds went to Bethlehem “with haste.” They obeyed exactly what the angels told them. What command has God given you during this season? Are you obeying it “with haste”? Why or why not?
4. What was the shepherds' response to seeing the baby in the manger? Are you praising God and sharing the true meaning of Christmas with those around you? Explain. Ask God to give you opportunities to be intentional about doing that this week.
You are invited to “prepare Him room” by waiting in hope, peace, joy, and love with our 2020 Advent Devotional. Printed copies are available at the Church Office. To access a digital copy, please visit dawsonchurch.org/adventguide.
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. ~ Jude 24–25
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717