December 18, 2022
The Word Became Flesh
This week, Pastor David continued the Advent sermon series, “Became.” We looked at the difference it makes in our lives that Jesus became a man and the whole fullness of God dwelled in Him.
- Jesus Has Walked In Our Shoes And Knows Our Struggles
- Jesus Has Walked In Our Shoes And Shows Us The Way
- Jesus Has Walked In Our Shoes And Has Experienced Death Itself
- Jesus Has Walked In Our Shoes And Extends His Grace To Each of Us
- In John 1:14, the apostle tells us that Jesus became the living tabernacle where the real and full glory of God would dwell with this people. What is the significance of Jesus being fully God and fully man? Explain.
- How are you encouraged by the truth that Jesus has experienced the same struggles and temptations that you face?
- Pastor David explained that our meditations on the cradle must always find their way to the cross. In this week leading up to Christmas Day, how can you live thankfully for the sacrifice Jesus made for you on the cross?
- Pastor David reminded us that Christmas is not about the gift you will give God. Rather, it is a reminder of the gift of grace that He gives to all humanity. Have you accepted that gift of grace? If so, who can you share it with during this Christmas week? If not, are you ready to receive it now?
To learn more about becoming a follower of Christ, please visit dawsonchurch.org/questions-about-faith.
May the LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. ~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717