December 19, 2021
Sermon Title: Prince Of Peace
Scripture: Isaiah 9:6–7
This week, Pastor David concluded the Advent Sermon Series, “And He Will Be Called” from Isaiah. We looked at:
- Peace On Earth Is Not A Promise Of Political Peace Right Here And Right Now
- Peace On Earth Is Not A Promise Of Personal Peace Right Here And Right Now
- Peace On Earth Is Sinful Human Beings Reconciled To A Holy God Through The Saving Work Of Jesus
- The final name of Jesus that we look at during this season is Prince Of Peace. What comes to your mind when you hear that name?
- When are you tempted to believe that Jesus’ promise of peace translates into easier, more comfortable circumstances for you and those around you? How does the reality of Scripture differ from that?
- Pastor David shared that the peace Jesus spoke of in Scripture refers to the reconciliation between sinful humans and a holy God through the saving work of Jesus. Describe the encouragement you can draw from that, even when your circumstances are not perfect.
- Have you been reconciled to God through faith? If so, thank God for the peace that reconciliation brings. If not, would you surrender to Him today?
To learn more about becoming a follower of Christ, please visit dawsonchurch.org/becoming-a-christian.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717