December 27, 2020
Sermon Title: Why Do You Obey God?
Scripture: Jeremiah 34–35
This week, Bill Johnston, our Associate Pastor, shared a message about our motivation for obedience to God. He shared five reasons for obedience to God:
1. God is the ultimate authority. (Isaiah 45:18)
2. God has all knowledge. (Romans 11:33)
3. God deserves our gratitude because of who He is. (Titus 2:14)
4. God is our Creator and the source of all truth. (Romans 1:20)
5. God is worthy of our obedience. (Revelation 5:12)
1. What are the potential problems of using fear and/or tradition as motivations for obeying God?
2. When are you most likely to disobey God? What is one thing you can do to prepare for those times and remain obedient?
3. As you enter a new year, which of the motivations for obedience will you focus on most? Why?
Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. ~ Jude 24–25
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717