February 12, 2023
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from the book of Exodus by reminding us that we are called and equipped by God. Specifically,
- God Calls Us To Join In His Work
- God Calls Us To Be Filled With His Spirit
- When God called Bezalel and Oholiab, they were gifted with ability and, more than likely, were already experienced craftsmen. Their natural abilities, though, were not enough to enable them to build the tabernacle. They could only accomplish what God called them to with the filling of the Holy Spirit. What gifts and abilities has God given you? Are you allowing the Holy Spirit to use those things for His work? Why or why not?
- Pastor David shared that God is in the business of using ordinary people to work to advance His kingdom here on earth. Each person has a role to play. How is God calling and equipping you to become and help others become faithful followers of Jesus Christ? Whose agenda are you working for and advancing?
- We receive God’s Spirit in fullness at our conversion, and He saves us, sanctifies us, and seals our salvation. In Ephesians 5:18, Paul calls believers to be filled with the Spirit. In what ways are you yielding yourself to the Spirit’s leadership to help you become more and more like Jesus?
- The process of being filled with the Holy Spirit includes: making the choice to be filled; surrendering control to the Holy Spirit; and being changed by the presence of the Holy Spirit. When our life is filled with the Spirit, we are transformed to being characterized by the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22–23). What barriers are you embracing in your life that are prohibiting the Spirit’s work?
The grace of the LORD Jesus Christ and the love of God and the
fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. ~2 Corinthians 13:14
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717