AfterThoughts: February 14, 2021
February 14, 2021
Sermon Title: God’s Call, God’s Way
Scripture: Exodus 4:1–23
This week, Pastor David continued the sermon series from Exodus by looking at Moses’ reluctance to be God’s messenger. Like Moses, we are reminded:
- Your perfection isn’t a prerequisite for God’s call to be a witness for Him.
- God is already at work in the lives of all those around us.
- Think about Moses’ situation. Do you find yourself using some of the same excuses when God calls you to something you would rather not do? Explain.
- Pastor David shared that we should not concentrate on the insufficiency of the messenger, but rather on the glorious sufficiency of the One who goes before us. Does knowing that God transcends the words you use as His messenger make you more willing to share Him with others? Why or why not?
- Can you think of a time when you have missed God’s blessing because you didn’t do what He asked you to do? What can you do to make sure you don't miss any future blessings?
- How is this story a preview of our own salvation? How does that encourage you?
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. ~ Ephesians 3:20–21
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717