February 24, 2019
“The Salt Of The Earth”
This week, Pastor David continued the “Sermon On The Mount” series. Re-read those verses as you consider these questions.
- Describe what it means to you when someone is described as a “contagious Christian”.
- Why did Jesus use the metaphor of salt? What does it look like for a Christian to be a “preservative” and a “seasoning”?
- What is the “seasoning” effect of YOUR life in your sphere(s) of influence? How has Satan worked to pollute your influence? Has he been successful?
Pastor David shared this quote from Brennan Manning…”The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That’s what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.”
- What is “unbelievable” about your witness today?
- What are the “impurities” in your life that need to be confessed to the Lord?
In your time with God this week,
1. Thank God for the clarity of His Word.
2. Ask God to show you the people and places in your life that need “salt”.
3. Commit to “pour yourself out” in the name of Christ.
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”