AfterThoughts: February 27, 2022
February 27, 2022
Sermon Title: The Sixth Commandment: Thou Shall Not Kill
Scripture: Exodus 20:13
This week, Pastor David continued the series from Exodus on The Ten Commandments with a look at the Sixth Commandment.
- The Dignity Of Human Life
- The Protection Of Human Life
- The Heart Of The Sixth Commandment
- Pastor David shared that this commandment forbids “the unjust taking of an innocent human life.” How does this definition change how you think about it?
- The dignity of human life is the foundation of the Sixth Commandment. Every human life is stamped with the indelible imprint of God’s image and likeness. How does this truth challenge you in your relationships at work and in your community?
- Pastor David shared that we can break this commandment without physically harming another person. How is that possible? How are we called to “keep” this commandment?
- How are you encouraged by Jesus’ perfection and the hope He provides for those guilty of the “murder of the heart”? Explain.
PRAY FOR UKRAINE
- Pray for the safety and protection of the Ukrainian citizens and military personnel.
- Pray for Ukrainian church leaders as they care for the church members affected by this conflict.
- Pray for displaced missionaries as they seek to minister to those who remain in danger.
- Pray for the Ukrainian people to look to the Gospel of Jesus Christ for hope during this challenging time.
- Pray for followers of Jesus to arise as messengers of hope to the hopeless and the oppressed.
- Pray for God to put a stop to Russian aggression and to change Vladimir Putin's plans in regard to Ukraine.
- Pray that God would give leaders of the U.S. and other countries wisdom and courage as they make important decisions in the coming days and weeks.
May the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.
~ Numbers 6:24–26
STAY IN TOUCH WITH DAWSON:
TEXT: Text CONNECT to 205-997-3717